Soft, aromatic, delicately sweet, and beautiful with their pops of color. These sugar cookies make a perfect addition to afternoon tea. Let’s get to baking..
These cookies are soft and chewy with slightly crispy edges, just the way a cookie should be. They are perfectly sweet with delicate notes of floral from the dried lavender and rose petals.
I kept this pretty simple, so as far as hard to find ingredients, the roses and lavender will be the only specialty items. They can be found in some specialty grocery stores or online.
1 tablespoon of dough makes the perfectly sized cookie for your tea party, or whatever you bake up these little babies for! The batter will make about 21 cookies if you use 1 tablespoon for each. I spaced them with about a half in of space between each one to allow for spreading without being smushed by the other cookies.
I hope that these little cookies inspire creativity in you today, and I hope you give them a try! If you do, tell me about it in the comments! 🙂
I enjoyed these alongside a cup of coffee with whipped soy milk and sprinkles of cinnamon on top. Yum! 😋
These delicate lavender and rose kissed cookies will delete any tea party or cozy afternoon in! Simple to make, these can be made 2 days in advance.
- 1 1/2 cup flour (I used pastry flour, but all-purpose should work fine too)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup cane sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 TBSP dried lavender
- 2 TBSP dried rose petals
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder, and cane sugar.
- If you haven’t melted the coconut oil, do that now. In a small saucepan over medium heat, warm until thoroughly melted. This step is important, as not melting will affect the final consistency of your cookies.
- Once melted, slowly add in the coconut oil to the flour mixture. Next add vanilla extract and mix until completely combined and has a crumbly texture.
- Add the lavender and dried rose petals and mix again.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. With a tablespoon measurer, scoop out one spoon for each cookie and place on the sheet. Keep about a 1/2 inch between each cookie to allow for spreading while baking.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes. Check after 10, if they still seem a little undone, put them back in the oven for the remaining 2 minutes.
- Let cool completely before handling.
- Store in a cool, dry place covered with plastic wrap or in a glass container. Will stay fresh for several days after baking.