This recipe’s shining star is my new favorite salad dressing, MANGO vinaigrette!I am always looking for new ways to make salads fun and exciting to eat, and I’ve found that the better the dressing, the more likely I am to want to eat it. A good dressing can really make the flavors of a salad come alive, while a bad tasting vinaigrette can totally ruin it.This salad is built with curly organic kale and radicchio topped with diced mango and avocado with optional added hemp seeds for added protein and omega-3s (Source).Since the dressing is on the sweeter side, so the kale and slight bitterness of the radicchio balance the flavors.For the vinaigrette, we keep it pretty simple with a mango, EVO, red wine vinegar, and s&p. It’s as easy as throwing these ingredients in a blender and blending until smooth. Creamy and perfectly balanced, this vinaigrette salad dressing comes together in seconds in a blender. I used a honey mango for this recipe, which has a creamier texture than regular red mangos. Look at that creamy goodness:For a refreshing, light, and satisfying salad, you’ve come to the right place. This recipe works great as a light lunch and can be made a little heartier for dinner by adding baked tofu or a good homemade seitan (coming soon to Sage and Citrus, so check back!)If you try this recipe, and I hope you do, let me know in the comments! Enjoy 🙂Print
A simple kale salad under a beautifully creamy, dreamy mango vinaigrette. This salad whips together in a few minutes and will last in the fridge for you to enjoy salads all week.
- 1/4 cup of good quality olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 mango (I prefer honey mangos as they are creamier)
- 1/4 tsp each of salt and freshly ground pepper (or to taste)
- 1 bunch of curly kale
- 1/2 of one radicchio
- 1 avocado
- 1 mango
- 1 TBSP hemp seeds or chia seeds
- Slice mango in half and scoop out the insides. Chop into a few smaller pieces and add to a blender. Place all other ingredients in blender and blend on low/medium settings until completely combined and smooth. Pour into a clean glass container and set aside until ready to use.
- Wash and dry the kale and radicchio. Cut the radicchio into thin strips. For the kale, place each piece on a cutting board on its side so that the middle stem is exposed. Remove the stem in the middle by taking a knife and carefully slicing all of the way down. Repeat for each leaf. Removing the stem helps to make the salad more uniform in texture and a little less bitter since the stem usually has a bitter aftertaste. Cut into small pieces.
- Prepare you avocado and a mango by cutting into small cubes.
- After chopping all ingredients, layer the salad but placing kale in a bowl, top with the radicchio, then the mango and avocado. Pour mango vinaigrette over salad and top with hemp seeds or chia seeds.
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: American