With spicy fresh ginger root, muddled fresh Bay leaf and a touch of organic sugar, this ginger bay leaf spritzer is sophisticated and delicious.
Ingredients are fresh, simple and dare I say healthy! Just make sure that the bay leaf is FRESH. Dried bay leaf will not work here.Print
Fresh Ginger and fresh Bay leaf meld to form the ultimate sophisticated drink.
juice of 1/2 lime
1/2 inch piece of fresh ginger
2 fresh bay leaves*
3 tbsp organic cane sugar**
Sparkling water (I use S. Pellegrino)
1 oz good quality vodka
- To a shaker, add sugar, lime, and fresh bay leaf. Muddle to release the bay leaf aromas.
- Add plenty of ice and the vodka or spirit of choice.
- Shake well and fill about 1/3 to 1/2 of individual glass.
- Top with sparkling water.
- Enjoy! If making ahead of time, the mix (without the added sparkling water) can be kept in the fridge for a day or two.
*Bay leaf MUST be fresh. Dried bay leaf will not work here.
**If avoiding pure sugar, honey can be substituted. But this will slightly alter taste.